– Are you concerned your loved one is not taking medications properly or neglecting personal appearance?
– Is your loved one getting lost or confused while driving or when walking in familiar areas?
– Do you worry about your loved one’s personal health and safety, especially in cases of emergency?
– Is there concern your loved one is not eating balanced meals or getting adequate sleep?
– Is your loved one becoming increasingly dependent on others to assist with day to day tasks, (i.e. making appointments, paying bills, shopping, etc.)
– Is your loved one experiencing isolation or decreasing the amount of time they spend involved in favorite activities?
– Are you experiencing loss of sleep or stress-related health issues due to constant worry?
– Do you want to gain peace of mind knowing your loved one is receiving one-on-one assistance in a secured environment with specially trained staff?
If any of the above applies, it may be time to consider a move to our Memory Care community.
We accept those that are privately paying, Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI), or on Elderly Waiver services (EW). We facilitate the reimbursement of those who have long-term care insurance policies by faxing in the resident’s monthly invoice.
Assess and Determine Care Level Needs
A Registered Nurse will provide a face-to-face assessment with the prospective resident to determine their care level and our ability to meet their needs. We provide minimal assistance to total cares with a two person assistance, with our goal to provide care for our residents through the end of life.
Set move-in date
We work with the family and providers to set a move in day that best meets everyone’s needs. Birchwood Cottages offers complimentary local [some limitations may apply] moves provided by Kato Moving.
See the list of resources for suggested items to bring.
There will be a one-time nonrefundable community fee that will be waived for those with a financial need.