Birchwood Cottages is a locally owned and managed memory care community that provides not only a welcoming and caring place for our residents, but a culture of excellence and support for employees.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering quality care to seniors living with memory loss and leading a team while working for a family-owned community that cares.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Provide oversight and supervision of licensed and unlicensed nursing staff, delegating nursing tasks as appropriate
• Oversee and monitor clinical components of resident medical records
• Conduct resident assessments for potential admission to the community
• Collaborate with outside providers, such as rounding physicians/NPs, and pharmacies
• Communicate professionally with residents, families, outside providers and vendors
• Respond timely to care concerns and work towards finding solutions to ensure a positive experience for our residents and families
• Maintain assessments and service agreements of current residents
• Coordinates and participates in on-call rotation (every 3rd weekend)
• Train and educate direct care staff to provide the best care for the residents
• Ensures community remains in compliance with all regulating entities
• Assist with providing direct care in times of need
• Participate in leadership, trainings and quality meetings
If you are passionate about providing care to seniors and are looking for a fulfilling career, we encourage you to apply or share this with others who may be interested.
• Registered Nurse with current licensure with the MN State Board of Nursing
• Experience working in a leadership role in an Assisted Living with Memory Care setting a plus!
Compensation & Benefits:
• Generous PTO program
• Full benefits package
• Competitive compensation
• 401K with matching
• Bonus pay opportunities
• On-Call stipend
• On-Call every 3rd weekend
Additional Birchwood Benefits:
• Locally owned and managed
• Experienced leadership team
• Nursing support
• CEU/Education opportunities
• Free chef prepared meals
• Casual dress
• Flexible hours
About the Community
Our Owatonna campus has 2 buildings, with a max occupancy of 32 residents in each building. In this role, the DON will oversee the care of the residents in the North building. The individual in this role will be part of an experienced leadership team that includes the Executive Director, DON of the South building, Assistant Director, and several department managers. To learn more about our mission and what we do visit here.