We offer a higher level of social and health care services at a lower cost than traditional medical-model nursing homes.
Prior to admission, Birchwood Cottages will complete an assessment of the resident’s care requirements. The daily fee is tailored to their care requirements. The resident’s fee will rise proportionately as the level of the resident’s care requirements increase.
This fee is reduced for a Semi-Private room. While it may seem that having a roommate is not a desirable situation, there is compelling research that people who have a roommate often sleep better, are less depressed and exhibit fewer signs of isolation and loneliness. In addition, they live longer.
Services included in the daily fee:
- Free guest meals
- RN supervision and case management
- On-going care assessments & care plan developmental revisions
- 24/7 on-site, specially trained caregivers
- All meals and snacks each day
- Monitored building
- Medication supervision and administration
- Daily Life Enhancement activity & leisure programming
- Assistance with all "activities of daily living"
- In town medical appointment companion
Level A Package
- Health Care Supervision by a Registered Nurse
- On-Going Assessment and care plan revisions
- Escorts and transportation to scheduled medical appointments
- Verbal cues for dressing, nutrition, grooming, toileting
Level B Package
- Special Diets
- Incontinence Management
- Assist of 1 for cares/transfers/mobility
- Oxygen monitoring/neb treatments
- Anti-coagulation/blood thinner mgmt.
- Blood Sugar Testing
- High Risk of Elopement
- Crushed Medications
Level C Package
- High Risk or history of falls
- Unmanageable incontinence
- Insulin Injections
- Assistance with feeding/nutrition
- Resistance to care/difficult/anxious behaviors
Level D Package
- 2 Person Mechanical lift (Hoyer/EZ Stand)
- Total assistance with cares/activities of daily living
- 2 assist for mobility/transfers
Additional Fees not included in daily rate:
- 1:1 Care: Daily rate plus $28.00 per hour
- Outside pharmacy selection: When a resident’s family chooses a pharmacy other than the Birchwood preferred pharmacy of choice, Birchwood Cottages may apply an additional charge.
Items supplied by family/individual vendors/private insurance:
Incontinence products Medications and pharmaceutical services
Medical Supplies Medical Equipment
Physical/Occupational Therapy Nutritional/dietary supplements
Aroma therapy/essential oils
The resident's fee is "all inclusive" from a care-related standpoint. Therefore, no additional fees will be applicable if the resident requires additional care services during the month. Appropriate responsible parties will be notified verbally and in writing regarding any change in fees.